Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Lifetime of Adventure

My passion in life is travel. I can't get enough of it. I love everything about visiting a new place: the people, the culture, the history, the food, the attractions. I love all the planning that goes into traveling. I love packing!

I hate standing still, I always want to be doing something. My family says that that is my curse in life, but I think it's a blessing. I can't wait to be that 90 year old woman who tells stories of the time she camped with a Bedouin family in the desert or when she took a hot air balloon ride over the city of Stockholm and even stories of when she spent all day in the park down the road with her best friend. I don't know if I will ever do any of those things (well except the last one, I'm pretty sure I've done that ten times over) but I am excited for any opportunity that comes my way.

I may speak as if I am a fly-by-the-seat-of-her-pants-act-first-think-later type of girl, but I'm not. I over analyze, constantly and I have fears that include: heights, water, and the dark. I'm sure if you speak to my closest friends they could point out a few more I'm not even aware of. I do, however, never try to pass up any opportunity I am given. It may take me an hour to decide to take the opportunity, but in the end I always do.

So here I will write about my lifetime of adventures. I have no idea what the future holds but I'm ready!

2 comments:

Erica said...

You have a fear of water?

Colleen said...

That's awesome, Christine! I love your blog! Kudos for jumping off the Black Rocks, nosebleeds and all!